Whether you are a family caregiver, a community volunteer, or a student, you can be a part of the Caregivers Community Network!
Caring community volunteers are the helping hands of the Caregivers Community Network. Becoming a CCN volunteer is one way to give back to your community, develop new friendships, and receive the warm feeling of helping others.
- Read a Volunteer's Personal Story (Samantha)
- Read a Volunteer's Personal Story (Alyssa)
- Special Information for JMU Students
Volunteers receive special training to ensure your success. A staff member or an experienced volunteer will accompany you on your first visit. Each visit generally involves three hours of time, plus travel time to and from the house. Volunteers are expected to provide their own transportation to the clients’ home.
As a volunteer you choose the dates and amount of time you wish to give and we carefully match your skills and interests with the services needed by the caregivers. We are seeking volunteers in the following service areas:
- Home based respite care. This includes companionship for the family member with Alzheimer’s disease, escort services, or errands such as picking up prescriptions, to assist or relieve the caregiver.
- Healthcare professionals and clergy provide practical advice, emotional support, and suggest resources to the caregiver
- A telephone hotline for information and support.
- Friendly phone support for caregivers.
If you are interested in joining the CCN team as a volunteer, please contact us today!
Toll Free 1(877)568-6682